The Up for Discussion forum is a place where you can voice your thoughts and concerns, exchange ideas and find inspiration from your coworkers.
- Be honest.
- Be nice to your fellow VCH staff members.
- Have fun.
- Try to post content that is of value to your coworkers and the organization.
- Be your awesome self.
- Don’t be disrespectful to others.
- Don’t spam.
- Don’t share ideas and thoughts unrelated to the post. (Please submit a new post if you want to discuss a different topic.)
- Don’t post any inappropriate material.
- Don’t post any content that violates the privacy of patients or other health care professionals.
Select one of the four categories below and join the discussion or suggest a new topic. And have fun!
The goals of Up for Discussion are:
- To increase your emotional engagement as well as shared pride and trust across all levels of VCH staff and across all geographic regions and services.
- To inspire you to engage in challenging organizational priorities, including the sharing of ideas that could benefit VCH.
- To provide an easily accessible online platform that promotes engagement across VCH.
Aligned with True North goals
Up for Discussion is aligned with Vancouver Coastal Health’s True North strategic framework, particularly with the following objectives:
- 3.1 Maximize staff potential so they can do their best every day.
- 3.2 Encourage a culture of respect, engagement, safety, and accountability.
- 3.3 Strengthen management and leadership capacity.
- 4.1 Optimize capacity, resource utilization and productivity.